Please Join Us
Message from the Chairman
Membership in the Colorado Licensed Beverage Association (CLBA) is an investment in superior protection against devastating public policy that can harm your business.
Legislative and Governmental Representation
“The CLBA is the watchdog for the liquor industry. Members, such as myself, don’t have the time or resources to attend or monitor the many legislative and governmental meetings that can affect our industry. With the CLBA, we do!”
“We are in an industry that can be decimated by adverse legislation. It is also an industry that is constantly under attack by anti-alcohol groups and individuals. Without the representation of the CLBA, our future would be much bleaker.”
The CLBA has been at the forefront of the industry, protecting Colorado businesses from destructive legislation and regulations while working to keep our state business-friendly to allow our economy, and our businesses, to grow and prosper.
Imagine doing business in a state featuring:
- Doubling the liquor and beer taxes, or doubling the price of your liquor license renewal
- Outlawing sales of specific sizes and types of alcohol
- Runaway lawsuits against the liquor industry, both on and off-premise
- No drive-up windows, no happy hours, and promotional restrictions
- Public health warning posters against alcohol required to be posted in your business
- Elimination or major changes in the entire industry in Colorado, resulting in major price hikes for our customers and less selection
- A BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) for drunk driving at .06, or lower
These things are not scare tactics; they have all been proposed for Colorado. Without banding together, stopping the assault on the liquor industry is impossible.
Other Benefits of Membership
From the constant flow of information to the merchant processing and insurance savings, your ability to be successful, and profitable, is greatly aided by your involvement in the CLBA because the CLBA:
- Educates businesses and communities on the value of the independent and responsible retail of liquor in Colorado!
- Communicates with its members through regular communications outlining new laws, trends, and other information to help enhance the success of our industry. We also furnish information through this website, emails and industry publications.
- Maintains a FAQ file that can help you on many important issues.
- Features cost-saving on insurance (including liquor liability) and credit card processing programs that can save you money.
Please join us in defending the best retail system in the U.S.
Kim Schottleutner, DTC Wine & Spirits